Rick M. Goldberg (Head of Jury Research)
Areas Of Expertise:
Initially, Rick will work with counsel to assess and provide feedback to our overall trial strategy, drawing upon the extensive jury research and trial consulting experience he has to offer. This experience, acquired through litigation for almost 30 years, is derived from thousands of civil and criminal cases, hundreds of jury & mock trials and countless witness preparation assignments. Rick has experience working on a wide variety of criminal defense cases which provides our firm with a unique perspective. The application of this substantial body of expertise enables us to make necessary adjustments early in the discovery process. Rick’s litigation strategy consultations also assist counsel in determining if pre-trial research is warranted, and if so, what type of research is most appropriate.
Turning to witness preparation, Rick’s goal is to level the playing field and increase our client’s competency and confidence. His experience, methodology, technology, and knowledge of litigation, communication, and facilitation transforms our clients and assists us in determining if a client ‘should’ or ‘should-not’ testify. During the preparation process Rick will work with our client to:
- Eliminate fears and anxiety
- Build credibility and confidence.
- Emphasize client’s authentic strengths, while minimizing their weaknesses.
- Concentrate on the dynamic relationship between what is said, how they sound to others, and how they present.
- Educate the client about various questioning techniques often utilized by opposing counsel to confuse or damage their credibility.
- Process negativity so your client can show up believable, credible, and genuine.
Rick has worked in this capacity for law firms and clients globally. He has been the lead Trial Consultant to complex cases nationwide. These disputes have arisen as close to home as Houston, Austin, and Dallas, and as far away as California, Brazil, France, Kazakhstan, Puerto Rico, England, South Africa, and Australia. Rick has designed strategy, themes, and complex animations in jury and bench trials working to strengthen expert testimony and simplify complex arguments.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communication Studies from University of California, Santa Barbara.
- Master’s Degree in Counseling Psychology from the University of Santa Monica.
- Board Certified by the American Psychotherapy Association as a Professional Counselor (BCPC)
Call Now To Speak With An Attorney